Saturday, May 24, 2008

Lela

Lela was born today.  My 8 lb 4oz niece.  All pink and pure and peaceful as any baby has ever looked...watched over by a weeping, new daddy.


I want that.  I want that moment and all of the wonderful burden and sacrifice that comes with it.  It’s why I work so hard for success.  It’s why I still carry hope for this life.  That in the midst of this broken and meaningless world, there is still a thread of heaven woven through it.  


Lela is proof of that heaven on earth.  I want meaningless financial success, so that I can afford the things that have meaning in life: time alone with God, one good woman, a herd of children, secure college funds, 6,000 dinners with dad and three trips the emergency room.  


You can have fame and fancy cars.  I’ll be happy with these.

0 comments: